Polystyrene (PS) is one of the most widely used types. The material is relatively inexpensive and can be turned into toys, Styrofoam boxes and disposable cups depending on the type used.
You can read more about the types of plastic under postindustrial-regenerated.
Polystyrene is a group of plastics consisting of three primary types:
- GPPS – or crystal-clear polystyrene
- HIPS – or impact-resistant polystyrene
- EPS (Airpop) – expanded polystyrene
Applications of PS-plastic
- Disposable drinking cups
- Meat and poultry packaging trays
- Packaging for cold delicacies and salads
- CD cases
- The product known as Styrofoam is composed of polystyrene and air.